You did hear about the latest release of Team Foundation Server (TFS 2015)? You didn't have (enough) time to look into it properly but you want to see and learn what's coming? Learn it by doing it and get trained by an expert!
This intensive 3 day training will give you a detailed overview of the new Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) features that are included inside the latest release of Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server. You will experience how these releases might unblock the impediments in software development processes to deliver continuous value for the business. The training also covers how Visual Studio Online (aka "TFS in the Cloud") can be the right solution for your needs.
The full training consists of 3 days, but according to your preferences you can sign up for the individual days as well.
- Introduction to the new Visual Studio Product Family
- Application Lifecycle Management
- The Benefits of Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
- Rolling out TFS in your organization
- TFS Architecture and topologies
- Strategies for Team Project Collections and Team Projects
- Gathering User Requirements through Storyboarding
- Agile Project Management
- Process Template Customization
- Continuous Feedback
- Windows Azure based TFS Service
- Version Control improvements
- Support for Git
- Built-In Code Review activities
- The new Team Explorer experience in TFS
- Increased Developer Productivity
- Cross-technology Application Lifecycle Management
- Introduction to the new cross-platform TFS Build System
- Build & Symbol Management in TFS
- Versioning & Release Management
- Digging into the TFS API
- Extending TFS
- From Agile Testing to Continuous Testing
- Exploratory Testing with MTM
- Web Test Case Management and Web Test Execution
- Test Impact Analysis
- IntelliTrace for production environments
- Microsoft Monitoring Agent
- DevOps collaboration (integration with SCOM)
- Visual Studio Release Management
- Visual Studio Lab Management
- A brief look at Application Insights
- Reporting/Analytics: transform data to information!
- Introduction to Application Insights
The training will be a mix of theory and practical implementation, based on best practices and personal experiences of the teacher. Attendees will also need to perform hands-on exercises to get familiar with the new product suite. Every attendee will get a dedicated Windows Azure Virtual Machine to exercise to perform scripted exercises.
Pieter Gheysens is the founder of Sparkles and focuses as a Visual Studio ALM MVP and Certified Scrum Master on Application Lifecycle Management solutions for the Microsoft .NET Development Platform based on Team Foundation Server. During the last 15 years, Pieter has been involved in many large enterprise development projects as a developer, team lead and software architect. He's passionate about setting up the optimal team development environment to deliver high quality software and strives to get the best out of people, tools and processes. You can read about his experiences at intovsts.net. Since a few years now, Pieter is the User Group Lead for the Belgian Visual Studio User Group which organizes many free technical community events with local and international speakers. Techorama was founded by Pieter and two other colleagues.
Date & Location
January 18-20 (2016)
Any experienced stakeholder in the software development process (developer, tester, release manager, project manager, business analyst, configuration manager) will benefit from this ALM training. Some exposure to the basics of software development concepts is required.
The cost for this 3 day training is 1300,- euro (taxes not included). Signing up for one or more individual day(s) is possible and is priced at 500,- euro / day.
The registration price includes your participation to the training, coffee/tea, lunch and the printed materials.
This training may also be organized on-site.
Contact Sparkles for more details
Full course details